Friday, January 6, 2012

I Resolve...

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions but I decided to make one this year. It's not one of the typical resolutions like work out more or read more books. Instead, I want to do less. 

In 2012, I am going to slow down.

In preparation for Christmas, on top of all the fun holiday activities, I made 9 hats and 3 aprons. I loved giving handmade gifts and really enjoyed making everyone of them. But I was busy and always doing something.

I view staying home as a privilege. I always said that if I got the opportunity to be a full time Mom, I wanted to have something to show for it. So since I stopped working, I've been running around doing chores as quickly as possible so that during nap time I could make a hat and sew a dress and read a book and learn how to cook. It's amazing what I think I can fit into those 1-2 hour time spans. 

The problem with trying to fit so much into one day is that you get sloppy and the little one, who is the reason I stay home, gets neglected. She doesn't go unfed and her physical needs are always met but she doesn't get as much of my attention as she deserves.


 (source)

I want to have something to show for my time spent at home and I'm learning that that might not always be the best homemade outfits or the prettiest home, but maybe a child who grows up to love the Lord and a husband who loves to come home to his girls.

So what have you resolved to do this year? Do any of you Moms have trouble balancing ubber productivity and pure laziness?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, as a stay at home mother myself, I am right there with you on this post. Thanks for sharing :)

xoxo,
Noelani

... said...

Slowing down is so hard to do in the society we live in...it's almost frowned upon in some instances..but I think it is necessary and important to slow life down and enjoy the present! :)

Nicole said...

Haha cute photo above. I am now following.

Check out mines
http://nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Such wisdom in this post.

Post a Comment

"Comments are like long-distance hugs" - Quote from a friend and I totally agree :)